Sunday, October 15, 2017

A Journey of the Heart

I have been on a heart journey for the past few years...a journey that has taken me from brokenness to strengthening my relationship with God and helping me to "live in the now". We all have traumas in our lives, and we deal with them in different ways.

Denial seems to be the way I deal with most traumatic events. I think I learned this in childhood, and I have only "faced" the traumas of the past few years recently.

As time went on, I realized my creativity was playing a large part in my healing process. When I painted, it gave me the opportunity to take the focus off myself and what was happening in my life. It provided me with the opportunity to "not think" and stay in the moment. I was not thinking about the past or dwelling on the fear/anxiety that I was feeling about the future. God has opened doors through this creativity and also placed people in my life that were needed at the time for one reason or another.

God is faithful...He will see you through one step at a time. You must have faith as He will reveal His plan for your life. Surrender to Him and be prayerful. He will give you strength, discernment, and guidance on a daily basis if you cultivate a relationship with Him and talk with Him. Put your trust in Him.

The painting of my angels gave me such joy! They have also been a source of healing & love for others. At times, I can feel God working through me as I paint. My Bible Art Journal which I started in January, 2016 has given me the opportunity to dig deeper into God's Word. It draws me closer to Him.

God has a purpose for our lives! I am continuing my journey with daily gratitude and prayer. Our faith should be anchored in His promises. He will never leave you, and you are never alone.

I am delighted to take another step...a leap of faith...with my new studio, The Cottage. God has great things planned, and I hope to share this journey with you!


No comments: