Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Guard Your Heart

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."  Proverbs 4:23

The Heart Matters...Laura Linney, well known actress, had an "aha! moment" that was very interesting.

Charisma is not character.  A magnetic personality doesn't necessarily indicate a good heart.

Doing the right thing has power. You don't have to do it in a flashy way. A friendship or romance can not flourish if the person hasn't demonstrated strong character. Traits like humility, courage, and empathy are easily overlooked...but it's important to find them in your closest relationships.

Perhaps my best proof of this is how I fell in love with my husband. I observed how special his friendships were to him. He was caring, dedicated, and generous with them. I thought...this is a profoundly good sign. And I was right.



No comments: