Monday, October 8, 2012

Inspiration

I have started taking painting classes at Sunshine Village Art Gallery, a wonderful art gallery in Watkinsville, Georgia owned by Ann Reynolds.  The classes are taught by Laurel Genteman, a talented artist and teacher.  My favorite of all the classes tends to be the ones with floral themes or elements of nature. Nature has always been a distinct theme in the design of my jewelry...leaves, flowers, organic shapes...the rustic look of combining earthy gemstones with silver & gold.

                                  Bracelets with Jasper & Coral...Sterling Silver Mosaic Cross
                                                  

I do not get caught up in the perfection of every detail, but have been able to "let go" and see where the journey takes me. Palette painting is a favorite of mine...no rhyme or reason to it...but it usually ends up with an attractive result. These classes are very enjoyable and almost therapeutic in nature.



                                         One of my paintings...Abstract..."Sunflowers"

No comments: