Saturday, May 22, 2021

Dotee Dolls...Friendship & Fun

 I love this whole concept! When I dropped off my painting at OCAF, the Oconee County Art Foundation, for the Members' Show in June, I found out about these wonderful dolls called Dotee Dolls. They were originally started by "Dot" Christian, an Australian crafter, for therapy, fun, or friendship. The Vivis, a group of women who are "friends of OCAF" who have their own show in the OCAF Holiday Market had made several of these for an OCAF fundraiser. I have bought several items from this group...usually one of a kind items...a red and black bird ornament with "Georgia" on top, an small owl ornament with lots of detail, a large angel tree topper...just to name a few. 

I bought these two funky women...my favorite being the one with black hair, embroidered lips, and a wild, beaded outfit...the other caught my attention because of her different color strands of hair. Believe me, it was a hard decision just to stop at two!

Anyway, you get two "unfinished" ones to "make" and share with friends! I can see teaching a class in my future! Kids of all ages would love this project and it would encourage friendship! 

If you read my book about the jewelry-making classes I taught at Cedar Shoals and Clarke Central in Athens, GA, you heard about the Traveling Mermaids. Their journey of friendship is documented in this blog...you will have to scroll back in the blog entries. 

Stop by OCAF and take a look. They are in the case right when you walk in the door. When the focus is put on helping others, all kinds of good things take place...including creative ideas!




No comments: