Tuesday, May 4, 2021

The Charming Town of Madison, Georgia

Madison, Georgia is a picturesque small town a short distance from Atlanta. The streets are lined with beautiful, flowering trees...perfect in the spring season.  The town has many antebellum houses since it is the town Sherman did not burn. (There's a story there, but we will get to it in another post.) Madison is going through somewhat of a transition in the downtown area. The old buildings are getting a facelift...many are being turned into residential lofts as well as new retail stores. 

If you are looking for a day or week-end trip, you can spend the day biking, hiking, shopping or your own self-guided walking tour around the town.

My art studio is in one of the quaint cottages built in 1900. It is charming with a few quirks that I am willing to overlook because I love it! Most of my art is full of color and whimsical! I paint angels, florals, and girlfriend art. Here is my first painting in the Madison Collection...it is small town America with all its charm.





No comments: